Dubai – Schneider Electric, the leader in digital transformation of energy management and automation, today announced the next generation of EcoStruxure Building, the industry’s first open innovation platform of buildings.
EcoStruxure Building’s open, end-to-end IP architecture enables quick, connectivity of IoT devices for faster commissioning and changes; provides for edge control and collaboration between building systems and third-party systems and devices. Its apps, analytics and services layer enables advance analysis and condition-based real-time decision-making.
EcoStruxure Building improves building value offering building owners and real estate professionals up to a 15% premium on their buildings and up to 6% additional rental value.
For developers, systems integrators and members of Schneider Electric’s EcoXpert partner program, EcoStruxure Building is designed to enable up to 30% faster deployment through:
- Smart Connector framework for creating new system and app functionality
- Enterprise Central allows for 10x more scalability to easily execute site expansions
- Mobile commissioning, engineering efficiencies, and development applications for speed, repeatability and consistency
“Schneider Electric was a clear break-away leader in our Facility Optimization Software report this year” said Derrek Clarke, industry analyst, Verdantix. “Now, with the next generation of EcoStruxure Building, Schneider Electric offers even more innovation to take building operational efficiency to the next level. Firms with complex operations that seek to future-proof their building system investments should shortlist Schneider Electric among their considered vendors.”
New elements of EcoStruxure Building include:
- EcoStruxure Building Advisor application automatically delivers condition-based maintenance across multiple sites to resolve up to 80% of building issues remotely, decrease unscheduled maintenance by as much as 29%, reduce energy costs by up to 30% and reduce occupant complaints on average of 33%.
- EcoStruxure Building Operations 2.0 is enhanced with best-in-class cybersecurity and delivers a customized native user experience through a responsive WebStation and mobile apps to engineer once, deploy-all-devices and provide mobile access on the go. Enterprise Central supervisory server enhances the monitoring and control capability from 200+ servers to 2500+ servers for large and multi-site enterprises. The open, standards based platform using Smart Connector framework enables systems integrators to build innovative applications and offers actionable insights through simple to set-up reporting and dashboards. It also includes additional IP integrated offers for commercial buildings including:
- SmartX IP Controllers and SmartX Living Space Sensors are next generation multipurpose field controller and sensors that leverage industry standards and IP-based open protocols for 30% increase in engineering efficiency and 20% faster commissioning leveraging the eCommission mobile app.
“We are very excited about the launch of the next generation of EcoStruxure Building because it offers so many advances for both customers and partners to re-invent buildings,” commented Laurent Bataille, Executive Vice President EcoBuilding Division. “It helps to extract and enhance efficiency, not only energy efficiency but integration, operational and engineering efficiency. It enhances comfort and productivity of building occupants, which is key to hiring and retaining talent. Finally, because EcoStruxure Building is scalable and future-ready with its IP capabilities, it helps building owners and developers to increase the value of their real estate for the long term.”
EcoStruxure Building is part of Schneider Electric’s EcoStruxure Architecture. EcoStruxure is our IoT-enabled, plug and play, open, interoperable, architecture and platform. EcoStruxure™ delivers enhanced value around safety, reliability, efficiency, sustainability, and connectivity. EcoStruxure™ leverages advancements in IoT, mobility, sensing, cloud, analytics and cybersecurity to deliver Innovation at every level, from Connected Products, Edge Control to Apps, Analytics & Services. EcoStruxure™ has been deployed in 480,000+ installations, with the support of 20,000+ system integrators, connecting over 1.5 million assets.