DUBAI– Omnix International, the MENA region’s leading provider of computer aided engineering solutions and one of the authorized distributors for Autodesk products in the Middle East, has successfully hosted the 2015 Autodesk Product Launch, which was held recently at The Event Centre Intercontinental in Dubai Festival City. The event threw the spotlight on the release of the new ‘Autodesk 2015 Design Suites,’ which will give subscribers of Autodesk software in Middle East the advantage of unsurpassed value.
The new suite package is more tightly integrated with Autodesk Cloud services—giving users the key ability to collaborate, simulate, analyze and more, with just one click from within the suite. Autodesk Design Suite 2015 also includes AutoCAD 2015, the most advanced version yet. One of the features to watch out for is the presence of a new interface and a new set of enhanced productivity tools that enable customers to experience a new standard in design and documentation. In addition, Autodesk Subscription offers customers even more convenient and flexible ways to access the tools they need, when they need them, to help grow their business. Autodesk subscription connects customers with software updates, services and support that help get the most out of their investment in Autodesk software now and in the future.
“We are very pleased to announce availability of the Autodesk 2015 Design Suites in the Middle East. The new design suites shall empower designers, architects and engineers with technology for greater productivity, improved collaboration, and more complete, better integrated workflows to unleash their vision for great products and successful projects. In addition, Autodesk subscription will allow users to access cloud services and make better-informed decisions,” said Louay Dahmash, Head of Autodesk Middle East.
The Autodesk 2015 Design Suites have been made stronger with its additions of more features and functionality like;
- A refined visual interface accompanied with a better point cloud support to bring the real world into the AutoCAD canvas–resulting in easier ways to work with online maps and other geographic location information.
- Better integration with BIM 360 cloud services, enhanced point cloud capabilities and numerous customer requested improvements for Autodesk Revit, which includes a new sketchy lines feature, ability to include imagery in schedules, enhanced hidden lines capability and more.
- The introduction of easier moves from 2D AutoCAD drawings to 3D factory layouts with streamlined transitions from legacy workflows; point cloud support for ‘as is’ facility capture; extended use of Factory Design data; and enhancements to Factory Design Mobile app.
- Major enhancements to AutoCAD Civil 3D software, including improved user interface, greater flexibility for corridor modeling, more efficient creation of profiles layouts, better production drafting and simpler ways to create custom subassemblies.
- The addition of significant enhancements to AutoCAD Plant 3D software, which includes center of gravity, bill of materials (BOM), fixed length pipe modeling, piping and instrumentation drawing (P&ID) and isometric improvements.
- Exceptional modeling capabilities accompanied by a new user experience and workflow enhancements.
Autodesk officials present at the event stressed that with the new Autodesk 2015 Design Suite, cloud services is just one click away. In fact, customers in the architecture, engineering, construction and infrastructure markets can expect to see significant productivity improvements through one-click access to BIM 360, cloud-based building information modeling (BIM) software for collaboration and management of construction projects. In addition, Autodesk InfraWorks 360, which offers civil engineers additional cloud services for collaboration and analysis at the early stages of infrastructure design, includes an updated user interface, support for more data formats, enhancements to Roadway Design for InfraWorks 360 and a new application Bridge Design for InfraWorks 360. The Design Suites for these fields also feature full integration of the Autodesk 360 Rendering service, which uses the virtually infinite computing power in the cloud to create high-resolution renderings efficiently. There is also a new feature called Green Building Studio, which gives architects the ability to do energy analysis even in the early stages of the design process. The feature allows architects to analyze multiple versions of a building design directly from Revit through the cloud and get immediate data points back for making design decisions based on energy usage through the life the building.
“Accessing Autodesk software has never been so easy—Autodesk Subscription provides Middle East users the most convenient, modern and flexible way to purchase and access the software and services that they need to grow their business, plus the new purchasing options allow customers to choose the plan that best fits their current project needs and budget. In addition, upgrades on subscription are pretty much a no-brainer as customers can upgrade at any time, whenever it works for them. Subscription also allows users to explore cloud services and evaluate where they will benefit as a company and make better informed decisions,” concluded Dr. Jayant Deshpande, Director CAE Division, Omnix International.
Autodesk Subscription customers gain access to the latest Autodesk software releases and cloud services, technical support, and flexible licensing rights from the following options;
- Maintenance Subscription: The most cost effective way to maintain and maximize long-term investment in purchased Autodesk software and services.
- Desktop Subscription: Offers subscribers with various pay-as-you-go plans, which range from monthly, quarterly, and annual options.
- Cloud Service Subscription: Presents users with a broad selection of cloud-based services that offer access to virtually infinite cloud computing power– significantly reducing visualization and simulation processing times and frees up desktop resources for greater productivity, mobility and collaboration.
Autodesk 2015 Design Suites are now available all over the Middle East.